Sunday, May 24, 2015

Funny Arab Food Memes

If you've been following me on Instagram, you already know that I've been having a little fun with designing some funny Arab food memes.

These all started when I attended a National Association of Arab Americans fundraiser to start a new Seattle chapter last week.  While I was there, I had some great basbousa from Fig and Thyme Catering, a new business being started by my friend, and fellow WashingtonCASH graduate, Samira.

The next morning I was still thinking about that basbousa.  I was kicking myself for not turning into an old lady and slipping an extra one in my purse. How I wish I could have one so that I could eat basbousa for breakfast.  Then I had the idea to create this funny declaration meme using the help of PicMonkey to play on the words Eat Cake For Breakfast.


Eat Basbousa For Breakfast


Then I can't stop them from happening! Shortly after, I was at a traffic light and the car in front of me had a Make Love Not War bumper sticker and this saying about labne popped into my head.



Make Labne Not War

A few days later, I was listening to John Lennon and his song Give Peace A Chance when the next one happened. With the fighting in Libya continuing, how I wish the men would lay down their weapons and sit around a bowl of bazeen and talk.  I'm sure it won't even be frowned upon if someone brought a kasheek (Arabic for spoon).



If you have a suggestion for more, comment below.  I'll send you a free shukran (Arabic for thank you) card if I use your quote.  Plus give you full credit of course. Be sure to email your address to ACraftyArab at gmail for the card.

1 comment:

Honey, I'm Smome said...

Hi great rreading your blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...